Saturday, January 5, 2008

Welcome to Another Day, Another Album

My quest, which I will keep a journal of here, is to listen to a new album every weekday. The album of the day will be the only music I will listen to that entire day, except during my minimal commute (to and from school), due to the fact that I may not have the album on my Zune.

As of right now, I'm inputting a list of 900+ albums into a program I made that'll put them into a random order for me. Every Sunday, I will post the list of albums I shall listen to that week. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, I will post my thoughts on the album I listened to that day.

Why am I doing this? Because I love music. Also, I have so much music on my computer that I really haven't given a good listen to. It's unfair to the artists, really. I download music under the pretense that if I like it, i'll eventually buy it. But if I don't listen to it, how will I ever know if I like it?

Also, I firmly believe that if I try, I can grow to like any music. My musical taste currently is pretty broad, but in most areas, it's not very deep. I want to change that.

Anyway, stay tuned. Tomorrow, I'll post the 5 albums I shall listen to in the upcoming week, and then during the week, I'll deliver my thoughts on those albums.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet!